Cockroach Control in Essex – Efficient Removal of Cockroach Pests
St Georges Pest Control carry out efficient removal of Cockroachs in Essex with professional Cockroach Control technicians
About Cockroach Control In Essex
The German Cockroach
- 12-17mm. Brown/dark brown in colour with two distinctive stripes and long wings overlapping its body in both male and female.
- The German Cockroach carries its egg case (known as a ootheca), until the nymphs are ready to hatch. The ootheca can contain up to 35 eggs.
- From nymph to maturity in 6 to 12 weeks.
The Oriental Cockroach
- 20-25mm. Dark brown almost black with wings that cover two-thirds of its abdomen (male), the wings are undeveloped on the female.
- The Oriental Cockroach deposits its egg case on packaging, sacking or in a suitable dark crevice before the nymphs hatch out. Each ootheca contains 16 to 18 eggs which will hatch after about 2 months.
- From nymph to maturity in 6 to 12 months.
Both species become active after dark.
Cockroaches are the hardiest of insects thriving indoors in the heat, around heated ducts, boiler rooms and centrally heated buildings. Common sites are hospitals, blocks of flats, bakeries, restaurant kitchens and laundries. Both species become active after dark.
They can be found behind stoves, sinks, pipes and humid areas. They need to be near a water source for regular drinking and will scavenge for any sort of food.
Cockroaches are carriers of many diseases.
- Small black droppings and smear marks around harbourages.
- Live cockroaches, egg cases, cast skins from nymphs and in heavy infestations there could be a smell.
- A residual insecticide is applied into kitchen cupboards, under kitchen units, behind fridges and freezers and other kitchen equipment.
- Insecticidal gel bait would also be applied into other harbourages, such as gaps in tiles and around pipes and above suspended ceilings. Two or more treatments may be necessary, as no insecticide can kill the egg stage of the life cycle.
- For very heavy infestations or large premises, such as blocks of flats, hospitals and prisons etc, we would recommend a pest prevention service for regular treatments over a twelve month period. To provide this service we can offer a free survey and quotation. For smaller properties or houses, we can quote over the telephone.