Flea Control in Essex – Efficient Removal of Flea Pests
★★★★★ based on 17 reviewsOverall rating:
St Georges Pest Control carry out efficient removal of Fleas in Essex with professional Flea Control Technicians
About Flea control in Essex
- Adult fleas are shiny brown in colour, 2-3mm in length with a thin laterally flattened body and large hind legs which allow them to jump onto passing hosts, jumping vertically up to 15cms.
- A female flea will lay up to 50 eggs a day, about 2,000 in her lifetime, which are white, oval and about 0.5mm in length.
- Larvae thrive in dark humid places such as animal bedding, carpet fluff and skirting boards and feed on cast skin and the blood-rich faeces of the adult flea.
- Whilst growing, the larvae will spin a silken cocoon before forming into pupae. When fully grown, the adult will wait and only emerge when it detects vibrations caused by a potential host. Once the flea hops onto the host, the adults mate and begin the life-cycle all over again.
- The complete metamorphosis from egg to adult can take up to 2 years depending on the temperature and food sources available.
- A flea bite can cause intense irritation centred around a bright red spot.
- Red bites on legs usually below knee level.
- Cats and dogs continually scratching.
- Cats avoiding infested carpeted areas.
- Live fleas crawling on hosts and dead fleas evident on laminate/tiled floors.
- Flea dirt on pet bedding and furnishings.
- Application of residual insecticide to all floor areas. This will kill the larvae and the adult stages of the life cycle. The pupae will usually hatch out within 2 weeks and then be killed off by the residual insecticide.
- We will re-retreat any infestation that is still active 2 weeks after the initial treatment, spraying before this period will not speed up the process of elimination.
- Treating adult fleas on pets only, means the egg, larvae and pupae stages are left unaffected and will develop into new adult fleas thus continuing the cycle. A greater percentage of the problem lies within the carpets.