Mole Control in Essex – Efficient Removal of Mole Pests
★★★★★ based on 29 reviewsOverall rating:
St Georges Pest Control carry out efficient Mole Control in Essex with professional Mole Control Technicians
About Mole Control In Essex
- Moles grow up to 17cms in length and have dark velvety fur.
- Their shovel-like clawed front feet are short and powerful for burrowing.
- A mole has very poor eyesight but an acute sense of smell, touch and hearing.
- They are territorial and live alone in extensive tunnel systems.
- A female will have 1 litter a year producing 3 or 4 young in the spring.
- They feed on earthworms and grubs found in the soil.
- A mole cannot live more than a few hours without food.
- The average life span of a mole is 3 to 5 years.
- Heaps of soil (mole hills) pushed above ground by their burrowing labours. The burrows are used for feeding, so the larger the tunnel area, the greater the chances of finding food.
- Mole activity can cause damage to lawns, golf courses and race courses etc.
- On large areas of infestation we are qualified to use the gassing compound Aluminium Phosphide. In most circumstance we use the half barrel or duffus traps. These are set underground, so are more discrete in public areas such as sport fields and parks and are not damaged from lawn mowing activity. Once the necessary number of traps have been set, we follow-up twice a week until the moles have been cleared.
Areas We cover in Essex
Maldon, Colchester, Braintree, Basildon, Southend, Brentwood, Chelmsford, Epping, Romford, Dartford, Harlow, Sudbury